People injured in car accidents should seek compensation with the help of an experienced Paramus, NJ accident lawyer.
Many vehicles use the interstate 80, Interstate 95, the Garden state Parkway and other highways that serve Paramus. A number of drivers using these highways usually want to access the large shopping malls in Paramus. Sadly, several accidents have happened on these highways in the last few years because of driver negligence.
Car Accident Attorney Paramus NJ
You will need a Paramus lawyer that can aggressively fight for your rights for you to get maximum compensation if you have been injured in a car accident.
Why You Need A Lawyer
Since assigning fault to a driver responsible for the accident that caused your injury needs evidence, your lawyer will conduct an investigation. This investigation will involve taking photos of the scene of the accident, reconstructing the accident with the help of experts and reviewing the police accident report. Your lawyer’s knowledge about how insurance companies operate in such situations will also be necessary if you want maximum compensation.
Insurance companies are mostly interested in making profits, which means they will do anything they can to make you settle for a low amount that may not cover all your expenses. So do not write any statement with insurance companies if your lawyer is not present. Your lawyer will also take on most of the legal aspects of your case, giving you enough time to rest and get better.
Causes of Car Accidents in Paramus NJ
With all the busy highways that serve Paramus, it is not surprising that accidents do sometimes happen. However, most of the time these accidents can be prevented, and when they happen its mostly because of driver errors. Some of the common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: A car accident can happen if a driver is distracted by a phone, DVD player, or food and so on.
- Impaired driving: Most drivers that drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both are at a much higher risk of causing an accident.
- Speeding: Sometimes a drivers speeding can cause accidents because a speeding vehicle is harder to control
- Bad weather: dense fog or heavy rain or snow can limit the driver’s visibility and ability to control the vehicle
What To Do After An Accident
Your actions after an accident are important because they may increase your chances of winning your case. So do the following after an accident:
- Get the necessary medical attention even if you feel fine after an accident
- Contact your attorney without delay
- Report the accident to the relevant authorities
- Take photos of the scene of the accident just in case you need them later as evidence
- Obey the orders of the doctor concerning your injury
Other service areas…
- Cherry Hill, NJ Accident Lawyer
- Passaic, NJ Auto Wreck Law Firm
- Newark, NJ
- Jersey City Car Wreck Lawyers
- Edison, NJ Auto Accident Attorney
- Hackensack, NJ Car Accident Lawyers
- New Jersey Car Accident Lawyers
- Worker’s Comp Laws in NJ
- NJ Car Accident Lawyer – AboutMe
- New Jersey Construction Accident Attorneys
- NJ Car Accident Lawyer – FeedSpot
Contact Your Lawyer As Soon As Possible
You need to contact your lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. Your lawyer will help you collect all the evidence you need and outline all the legal options you have. Some of the evidence that your lawyer may gather include:
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Accident reports
- Medical documents like diagnostic test results and doctors bills
- Property repair bills
- Correspondence from insurance companies