People go through a lot of trauma and financial difficulties after experiencing a car accident.
Newark Auto Accident Attorney
Accidents can happen to anyone on the congested roads because of the negligence of another driver. You are entitled to seek compensation even if the accident you were involved in was just a fender-bender. An experienced Newark NJ car accident lawyer can aggressively fight for maximum compensation for your damaged car and or your injuries.
Common Reasons For Car Accidents in Newark
Knowing what can lead to a car accident is a sure way to be able to identify who was at fault for it. These car accidents are often preventable, which means accidents mainly occur because of driver error. In very rare situations, accidents can happen even if the driver did not make any error. For example, if the brake fails because of the vehicle manufacturer’s mistake. Some common causes of accidents include:
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving and texting or driving while using a phone
- Driver fatigue
No Fault Auto Insurance Laws
Since New Jersey follows the no-fault insurance system, you must first turn to your own insurance company to pay medical expenses and other losses related to your car accident. This means that your medical expenses will be paid quickly because you don’t have to wait for a reimbursement for out of pocket medical bills and other expenses. Your lawyer will answer all your questions and review your case to determine what compensation you might get in your case and other options.
Other service areas…
- Cherry Hill, NJ Accident Lawyer
- Jersey City Car Wreck Lawyers
- Edison, NJ Auto Accident Attorney
- Hackensack, NJ Car Accident Lawyers
- New Jersey Car Accident Lawyers
How Your Auto Accident Lawyer Can Help
Your car accident lawyer is a type of personal injury lawyer that represents you if you are injured in a car accident because of the negligence of another driver. Your lawyer can:
- Negotiate with the other driver’s lawyer and insurance company in an effort to agree on a settlement
- Investigate the scene of the accident, talk to witnesses and review police reports
- Calculate the total cost of your accident including cost for car repairs or replacement, lost wages, medical expenses and more
- File a lawsuit against the other driver if the settlement negotiations fail
- Represent you in court
Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents in Newark
Car accidents can either lead to minor scrapes or bruises or result in serious injuries that can leave you bedridden for long durations. Some of the injuries people sustain in such accidents include:
- Brain injuries such as concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken and fractures bones
- Severe mental anguish
You should seek medical treatment after an accident even if it seems you have not sustained any injuries. Some injuries take time to show symptoms and only an experienced medical professional can be able to detect them before they get worse using a variety of diagnostic tools. Once you have been examined, follow the doctor’s orders concerning your injury because failure to do that can be used against you in a court.